Skip to main content

A Torso

This is one of my latex torsos from freshman year. This one has eggshells embedded in it. Female fertility really interests me, and I think that is why I find eggs of all kinds and eggshells appealing. The fragility of female sexuality and person. Egg Latex, eggshell and thread. torso-sized.

TALK: I work with themes of dependency and finding comfort in objects, substances and other bodies, specifically the female presence and body. I tend to explore how this phenomenon leads to both he idolization and the disdain of all things female.This is an early piece from freshmen year depicting the female torso, a source of comfort and dependency from all of our earliest days on this planet.





Column Drawing, 18x24, Graphite on paper

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grief 1

Charcoal and graphite on BFK, 22x30

States of Unrest 5

Charcoal on BFK, 22x30.

An Exploration in White

Acrylic on canvas, 24x30." In memory of Virginia.