Skip to main content

Fats Waller Portrait

Here's a giant portrait of Fats Waller, the man that Ain't Misbehavin', the musical, is based on. That is the next mainstage show at Riverside dinner theater. It opens on January 20th. I did this on a piece of half inch plywood. It's almost seven feet tall, and it's four feet wide. Its just done with house paint and a little bit of broadway paint for the faint color in the background. Unfortunately, I had to put a coat of satin poly on it, so I couldn't eliminate the glare from the photo. This is five feet tall by two and a half feet wide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grief 1

Charcoal and graphite on BFK, 22x30
So I've been thinking about starting this series of drawings for awhile now. What do you think of this one? Please click on it to look at the bigger version.

Building

Charcoal on paper, 22x30